DISTINCTLY CHRISTIAN. DISTINCTLY CLASSICAL.
• Parents are instructed in Scripture to bring up their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, thus placing the primary responsibility for discipleship and education on the parents. Employing gifted and talented Christian teachers is good and proper in the effort to accomplish this goal, but discipleship must begin first in the home and secondarily in a local body of believers, so that an educational institution serves as a support and not as the primary source for discipleship.
• Students become like their teachers. Therefore, parents must take care to provide godly teachers for their students. Students do not merely learn factual content from their teachers but are heavily influenced by them in speech, word, and actions. Teachers must exhibit knowledge of, and love for, Jesus Christ as they model the Christian life of love, repentance, humility, and service before their students daily.
• Diligence is a key component to fulfilling our vision of the HRA ideal graduate. A robust, Classical education in the Liberal Arts is no small endeavor and requires hard work and perseverance on behalf of both student and parents. We affirm the value of this undertaking and firmly believe the benefits each student receives from a rigorous education will affect every area of his/her life for years to come.
• God is the source of all knowledge and understanding. He cannot be excluded from any area of knowledge or life. All true knowledge and wisdom has God as ts source and His glory as its purpose. All subjects are taught through this lens so that students may establish a cohesive Biblical worldview that upholds Christ and His glory at its center.
• Man’s chief purpose is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. Christian education strives to equip and diligently develop God-given capacities within each student so he might be able to discern truth from error as he learns to know, love, and delight in his Creator. Therefore, the chief end of education is to serve as one of the means to this end.